Volunteers and interns play an integral part in helping Goodwill change lives through the power of work. Through their contributions of hundreds of hours each year, individuals in our Champions for Good program strengthen and enrich our organization and make it possible for us to do much more than we otherwise could.
We are seeking individuals interested in working with our Workforce Development Services. To view more information about these programs, including course details and schedules, please visit the Training Programs page.
A few of the ways our Champions for Good assist include:
- Serving in Mock Interviews: With a volunteer’s support, clients increase their confidence and gain valuable interviewing skills that will prepare them for employment.
- Serving in Resume Workshops: Volunteers partner with clients to ensure their first line of communication with potential employers best reflects and highlights their skills.
- Guest Speaking: Volunteers and interns share their educational, work and life experiences with clients to inspire, share additional resources and encourage ideas for future goals.
- Facilitating a Class Workshop: Volunteers and interns teach valuable lessons on financial literacy, networking, technical skills development, and much more to engage participants.
- Supporting in a Resource Center: Volunteers and interns provide hands on assistance to clients as they job search or apply online, make copies, fax materials, and much more.
- Supporting Youth: Volunteers and interns support our Youth Services program by helping them build job skills, set education and career goals, and explore future opportunities.
Please view the current opportunities available by selecting the “Available Opportunities” tab on the left. If you have questions regarding the opportunities, please contact Kilby Watson, Community Engagement Manager at email@example.com or 704.332.0316 for more information.