Volunteers and interns play an integral part in helping Goodwill change lives through the power of work. Through their contributions of hundreds of hours each year, individuals in our Champions for Good program strengthen and enrich our organization and make it possible for us to do much more than we otherwise could.
We are seeking individuals interested in working with our Workforce Development Services. To view more information about these programs, including course details and schedules, please visit the Training Programs page.
No matter your passion, we have something you’ll enjoy! A few of the ways our Champions for Good assist include:
- Mock Interviews. Help students gain the confidence they need along with valuable interviewing skills that will prepare them for both post-secondary interviews (colleges/scholarships) and actual job interviews.
- Resume Workshops. Our students create resumes to prepare for job or internship searches. Volunteers work with students one-on-one in a classroom setting to provide resume feedback and tips for improvement.
- Guest Speaking. Share your education, work and life experiences with our participants to help them understand how to navigate challenges and take advantage of the many opportunities available to them.
- Facilitating a Class. Inspire students’ growth through instruction using current curriculum standards to keep the information relevant, engage participants’ interests and increase their knowledge of their chosen fields.
- Mentoring. Work with our youth and help them realize their potential and how to leverage their strengths in the real world. Your direct involvement will help them build job skills, set education and career goals, and explore future opportunities.