Freedom Drive Job Connection
2122 Freedom Drive
Charlotte, NC 28208
CATS Bus Route 34 – Freedom Drive
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Mon.-Fri.
Changing Lives through the Power of Work! At Goodwill Industries of the Southern Piedmont, we believe everyone in our region should have the opportunity to reach their full potential. Each year we help thousands in our community find employment that provides a stable income, career advancement and resources to support their family. All of our services are designed to give participants the personal and professional foundation needed to launch and sustain a successful career. Whether it’s earning a certification, enhancing your employment skills, or overcoming a challenging background, Goodwill is here to help you find success on your career path.
How it Works
People accessing services through Goodwill’s Freedom Drive Career Development Center will experience a welcoming environment through Centralized Intake and receive a Personal Interview. During this process a team of professionals will gather basic information that allows for access to a full array of Goodwill services. Profiles are developed based on an individual’s skills, interests and competencies that offer assistance to identify gaps & basic needs. Urgent needs and situations that need immediate supports are managed with the participant at time of service.
From that personal interview individuals and their families are connected to a Career Development Specialist trained to match a person’s skill sets with employers’ job needs. Participants will create a comprehensive career plan that addresses immediate, short-term and long-term career objectives.
Personalized services to aid in your job search include:
- Career navigation
- Skills assessment
- Job search strategies
- Help with interviewing skills
- Computer skills training
Our Job Connection provides:
- Access to computers
- Copiers and Faxes
- Internet access
A comprehensive career plan might include attending one of Goodwill’s Occupational Skills Training programs. Each of these programs will train you for a career in rapidly growing industries, provide valuable networking opportunities and arm you with industry-specific certifications. Classes are seven weeks.
- Banking and Customer Service Training: Goodwill’s program includes training in competitive skills such as keyboarding, sales and customer service, online etiquette, administrative skills, bank operations and teller services. Trainees will also become proficient in Microsoft Office applications and will be prepared for careers in banking and customer service.
- Construction Skills Training: In partnership with Central Piedmont Community College, Goodwill’s program helps individuals quickly develop the knowledge and skills necessary to obtain employment in the construction industry. Taught by National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) certified instructors, this program also offers OSHA-10 safety cards and forklift training.
- Hospitality & Tourism Training: Goodwill’s program provides training using the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute curriculum. Students receive an overview of the hospitality and tourism industry, including instruction in banquet set-up, customer service, front desk training, and hospitality law and revenue management. This course also offers certifications in ServSafe Food and ServSafe Alcohol.
- Computer Classes: Goodwill offers a variety of computer classes to teach job-seekers necessary computer skills.