Whoever said good help is hard to find knew what they were talking about. In today’s busy world, it takes time to recruit, screen, and train new employees. Goodwill can help.
Goodwill Industries of the Southern Piedmont has provided job training and placement programs since 1965. And that means your job just got a little easier.
Graduates of Goodwill’s employment and job training programs come to you ready to work. In addition to special occupational skills training, Goodwill job coaches, career development specialists and instructors have provided these individuals with one-on-one career counseling, evaluations, assessments and training in job readiness and work ethics.
Individuals are offered an opportunity to perfect their job skills prior to employment through a wide range of activities designed to offer “real-life” experience including job coaching, mock interviews and resume, application and job search assistance.
Our trainers and career development specialists can assist local employers in filling open positions. Let us know about your job openings, and we will screen potential candidates to ensure they meet the minimum qualifications before referring them.
When your business is in need of well trained and motivated workers, we suggest that you:
- Hire a graduate of Goodwill’s Occupational Skills Training programs. Graduates have completed programs of instruction on business skills needed for jobs in banking, call centers, construction or the hospitality and tourism industry.
- Hire a member of Goodwill’s Employment Skills Training programs. These individuals have had their work habits and abilities evaluated and work on assignments at Goodwill, receiving one-on-one training with a job coach to improve their employment skills. A Goodwill Job Coach will continue to work with a graduate at his/her new job to insure that the needs of the employer are understood and met. Graduates in this program are working in assembly, janitorial services, housekeeping, maintenance, packaging, fast food, warehousing, and retail operations. Businesses are frequently eligible for a tax credit when employing an individual from these programs.
- Hire a graduate of Goodwill’s Career Development Services programs. We will match your job needs with individual skills and abilities from our pool of candidates.
- Hire a temporary employee from GoodWork Staffing, Goodwill’s independent staffing service.
- Hire Goodwill Construction Services for your residential or commercial construction needs.
If you’re interested in hearing more about our programs and how they can help you, contact Goodwill at 704-372-3434.