Every Goodwill success story begins with a donation, whether in the form of clothing, household items or electronics. Our Retail Stores and Attended Donation Centers serve as the connection between the community’s donations and our job training programs. With every purchase made at a retail store, someone in the community is one step closer to finding family sustaining employment.
We gratefully accept the following new or gently-used items. Please note that this is not an all-inclusive list:
- Clothing– All seasons of men’s, women’s, children’s and infants’ clothing
- Shoes, Boots and Sandals
- Accessories – Handbags, belts, scarves and jewelry
- Collectibles and Antiques
- Books, Records, CDs and DVDs
- Housewares –Dishes, silverware, glasses, artwork and luggage
- Household Textiles – Bed and bath linens, blankets, curtains and draperies
- Furniture – Dining tables and chairs, dressers, sofas, lamps and baby furniture
- Small Appliances –Toasters, microwaves, irons, blenders, vacuum cleaners, coffee makers, humidifiers and fans
- Computers/Electronic Equipment – Computer hard drives/towers, monitors, printers, keyboards, gaming systems, VCR and DVD players, photocopiers, fax machines, telephones, stereos and all associated cables and cords
- Sports Equipment – Bikes, tennis rackets, basketballs and goals, golf clubs and bags and exercise equipment
- Toys and Games – Dolls, stuffed animals, toys for baby through teen, games and puzzles containing all parts and baby equipment
- Televisions – Working cable-ready televisions less than 10 year old. Physically broken or damaged televisions are not accepted as they are potentially dangerous to our employees and Goodwill incurs the cost of disposal.
- Used Cars – Consider donating a car to Goodwill’s Cars for Work Program. – See more.
It’s hard to say “no thank you” to a donation. However, there are some donations we simply can’t accept because they are excessively soiled or broken, too costly to dispose of, or have been recalled due to product safety issues. Safety is very important to us, so we encourage everyone to be aware of potential product safety hazards before donating. A good rule of thumb is to ask yourself, “Would I give these items to a friend?” If the answer is no, please consider other ways of disposing of your materials.
We cannot accept the following items:
- Mattresses and Box Springs. Goodwill does not sell these items in the stores due to state sanitation laws.
- Hazardous, flammable or toxic materials – painter, thinners, gasoline, kerosene, oil, household cleaners, etc.
- Items that have been recalled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission. If you are unsure, visit www.cpsc.gov for more information.
- Children’s Car Seats
Thank you for donating to Goodwill. Our goal is to provide a pleasant donation and safe shopping experience for everyone. If you have any questions about what may or may not be accepted, please call 704-393-6880. To request disposal of bulky items, such as mattresses, large appliances or damaged furniture, call Solid Waste Services at (704) 336-7600 or click here for more information.